Friday, October 28, 2016

Health Insurance Company CEO's Total Compensation in 2014

WHAT A TRAVESTY OF INJUSTICE TO THE AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

THE PEOPLE SUFFER AND GO WITHOUT, WHILE THESE SELFISH OFFICIALS MANAGE TO GET THEMSELVES SOME UNHEARD OF SALARIES.  THE AVERAGE CITIZENS MAKE ABOUT $50,000 AND GO WITHOUT EVERY DAY.  
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO AMERICA?

Let me tell you a little of my history.  Born in the 30s married in the 50s and first child in late 50s.  At the time I had my son, there were no insurance companies.  Everyone went to the doctors and paid cash at the visits.  When I went into the hospital to have my son, 1959, and stayed 5 days, full service; it cost almost $500 total, which we paid within 30 days.  No insurance, no papers, just honest people living and paying the family doctor, as needed, promptly.  

Now comes a cancer scare in 2009 with surgery and the Insurance companies are in full business, collecting from everyone. The bills were astronomical and what happened (and I wrote a 3 page letter with facts and figures to John Kerry  ( a secretary got back to me weeks later, never heard from him) telling him that the Insurance company wasn't paying their fair share.   I realized that Medicare paid 80% and I paid 20% . The insurance company paid very little, if any.  Even though I had the top insurance company they explained to me that they only had to pay the portion that Medicare didn't pay.  Another words:  Example: if your bill was $100 dollars  -  and Medicare paid $80, you would pay the $20 and the insurance company didn't pay anything.   What kind of system is that?  It is like legalized robbery. At least they should pay as much as the patient.  Now it is turning into a terrific business for the very rich people, like those below.  What a shame!  This is unhealthy for the patient all around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment